This is by far one of my family’s favorite meals!
If you were to make this for guests they would be sure to think that you had slaved over it for hours. All in all it does take a little work for being a slow cooker meal but don’t let that deter you. This meal will tell your taste buds that you just ate a meal fit for royalty! Trust me… it’s worth the prep!!
What you’ll need…
1. Pork Chops
(Any kind. I prefer boneless but it doesn’t matter. You could also use beef.)
2. One onion
3. Coconut oil or butter (to fry)
4. 1/2 Cup water
1. Put a couple Tbsp. Coconut oil (I use LouAna) in a frying pan. Heat to med/hi heat.
2. As it melts, season pork chops with your favorite seasoning of choice.
(If you’ve read my Blog at all, you know what mine is… Tony Cachere. Sometimes though, I like to go simple and just use a little pink salt and garlic powder.)
3. Now it’s time to brown your meat. This will seal in all the deliciousness. Fry until golden brown on both sides. You are not cooking the pork chops. You are simply browning them.
(Remove from pot as to not overcook)
4. Add the water to your slow cooker. You don’t really need much which is why I said only 1/2 cup.
5. Put your pork chops in.
6. Chop your onion into small/medium squares. Place on top of pork chops.
7. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 6 hours. (less if they’re thin pork chops)
8. When they’re cooked, remove and add 1-2 cups of hot water. Make sure your crock pot is on high. (This step can also be done on the stove. Just transfer the liquid from your crockpot to another pot) As it heats, taste, add more seasonings and sprinkle glucomannan. Continue to stir. This will thicken your liquid, making a delicious, good for you gravy! Watch and wait. Soon it will be done.
Serve over your pork chops and Cauli Rice if your a THMer. It’s so delicious!