After 5 beautiful daughters my husband and I are having a BOY! We are all so excited! Never in a million years did I think God would bless us with a son. We would have loved another baby girl, but a boy… WOW! We’ve had the same ultrasound tech with our last two babies and she was in shock too. There was lots of laughter and tears form everyone! We also have lots of boy parts pictures! From the top… bottom.. you name it. He showed us each time. The tech said, “He’s proud to be a boy!” lol
Today I am 15 weeks pregnant!
Our little guy is measuring approximately 4 inches from crown to rump. He’s moving up a storm and can respond to light.
1. I’m feeling way better. My morning sickness is gone for the most part. It still shows up every now and then, esp. at night. I’m assuming by next week it should be on its way for good.
2. Today I started Ttapp again and boy oh boy did it kick my hiney. This adrenal fatigue is tough. I know that God will pull me through though and I’m praying that this will be the healthiest pregnancy I’ve had so far.
3. I’m also going to go Sugar Free full time again. I’ve already started checking my blood sugar and so far so good! This pregnancy will be my first one doing Trim Healthy Mama and I’m really excited about it. No more deprivation in order to not have gestation diabetes. Tonight’s dessert… Pumpkin layered Cheesecake! Yum!
4. I had a craving for catfish and steak. By the grace of God I was able to have both. The catfish was… well it was good for Idaho. I’ll just say that it wasn’t southern catfish. Boy do I miss Texas’ food.
5. This pregnancy has been a little harder than normal. I can feel how my adrenals have been hit again recently. I’ve started doing a few things that I can while pregnant to aid them. I started drinking Young Living’s Ningxia Red again twice a day and that should start helping some. My husband also bought me some all natural licorice since I can’t take the liquid form while pregnant. I’m eating a few of those a day, and oddly enough, as a licorice hater, I like them! Maybe it’s the molasses.
1. I am so excited! I saw that ultrasound and cried. I saw his little parts before the tech said anything. I think she was making sure before she announced it. I kept wanting to ask her… are you sure? But then I would see his parts again with my own eyes and after YEARS of looking at all kinds of gender ultrasounds, both from my own daughters, and from researching online, I knew there was no doubt what this little guy was!
2. I’m a little scared. I’ve never had a boy. One of my first thoughts was… I’ve never potty trained a boy! lol All I care about is that he’s healthy. I’ll figure all the rest out when it’s time.
3. I’m feeling blessed. My husbands orders ended on Oct 1st and we didn’t know what was going to happen. God came through again and he got a job at the base. God is the provider for His people!
4. I miss my parents. It’s been so hard not being able to call my mom and talk to her, esp. when we found out we were having a boy.
5. And lastly, I am just plain thankful. Thankful that I have a merciful Creator that has forgiven me and loves me the way He does. I am thankful for my family and I am overwhelmed by what my God has done for me. I am truly undeserving.